Monday, November 05, 2007

Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall...

"...who's the fairest one of all?"

I think everyone knows that line from the story of Snow White, and how the Evil Queen was distressed to learn from her magic mirror that she was not, in fact, the fairest one of all - that honor went to Snow White.

Well, not according to Entertainment Weekly.com, which recently revealed actress Angelina Jolie to be the "Ultimate Hottie."


Well, with all due respect to Ms Jolie, who may be a fine human being, a good mother to her adopted children, and a primo organic bedwarmer for husband Brad Pitt, she just doesn't do anything for me. I guess I'm just not into tattoos and general weirdness.

I am, of course, married my own Ultimate Hottie (and I don't mean just the flashes, ha, ha).

I think we can all agree that beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. When you're a teenaged boy, in many cases a "hottie" is one who is recognizably female through a beer haze at 50 feet. As you get older, your tastes (if not your actions) mature. It is said that the only consolation given to a man as he gets older is that every year there are more women he thinks are beautiful...and it's true.

Thinking about beautiful women is as good a way as any to keep my mind off how much the #$@! hives itch, but it's time to move on. Time to go and make sure my Ultimate Hottie gets up in time to go to work.

No grand thoughts today. Just a reflection about one more thing I have to be thankful for as we gear up for Thanksgiving.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

5 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I applaud any man who doesn't think Angelina is the ultimate hottie! Yay you!

Amanda said...

I hope you woke her up by calling out 'Wake up Ultimate Hottie' :)
Its so sweet that you blogged about your wife that way.

Sue said...

I like Agnes, I think she is pretty!

I never like Angelina either... she's alright.

Serina Hope said...

Agnes is very pretty. You are indeed a lucky man. I do love Angelina though. I don't love her in the hottie way, I am just a big fan of hers.
Two lovely women on your post today!
I love the thought about there being more beatiful women as you get older. That is lovely.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Maybe it's a nickname you ought to call Agnes?