Saturday, March 22, 2008

Cartoon Saturday

Between the meltdown of the economy, the soaring price of gas, ongoing stupidity in the Middle East, and rapid expansion of that huge bag of inert gas known as the 2008 presidential campaign, we can all use a few laughs.

And so, once again, Bilbo brings you Cartoon Saturday, featuring a few ya-ha's culled from my collection. Have a laugh on me...Monday will be here soon enough.

Eliot Spitzer may not be enjoying a great deal of nookie, amateur or professional, for a while, but lust always seems to find its way into our hearts...

Gary Gygax, the inventor of the fantasy role-playing game Dungeons and Dragons, died this month at age 69, but not before inspiring a bit of topical humor...

This one's for everyone who works in a thankless job for a demanding boss...


We are lucky enough to live in a house that backs up to a thick stand of wooded parkland, and to enjoy waking to the sound of birds singing in the trees. Well, I am, anyhow. Agnes has it in for one particularly loud bird she thinks lives just to sit outside our window and wake her much too early. Uncle Sid might agree...


And finally, it's never been easy to find just the right person for the right job, but I like Hagar the Horrible's approach...


Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

4 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I can relate to the 'demanding boss' one.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Tee hee at Hagar!

Mike said...

Good bunch of toons!

On your recent visitors side bar the "you, join now" is me. I have no idea why it doesn't know who I am anymore. Oh wait, yes I do. It's run by a computer!

(I've tried to sign back in already. It doesn't like me anymore. But I handle rejection well.)

John A Hill said...

Good stuff, Bilbo.