Monday, March 01, 2010

Of Busy Mornings, and Socks

Today is March 1st - since it's the first day of the month, that means paying bills (gotta get that mortgage check in so the bank will let us keep living in this house, dontcha know). We also have a new step-dog: Nessa is now living with us, and demands a certain amount of attention. There's trash to put out, recyclables to get to the curb, and consciousness to re-achieve (not always easy on a Monday). Not to mention the stress of making sure that my clothes match and my socks match, but that my socks don't match the rest of my clothes (it's a long story that I'll tell you another time...the punch line is "Oh, yeah! You're the guy with the socks!"). I also have to go through the end-of-February agony of figuring out how to reset the calendar function on my watch so that I know today is March 1st, rather than February 29th (you'd think an expensive watch would be able to make that change on its own, or at least with minimum effort on the part of the owner, but you'd be wrong).

So...

No long and erudite post this morning...just a reflection on how some mornings can be so much more stressing than others.

And we haven't even talked about work, yet.

Sigh.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

3 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I always find its best to have watches that only tell you the time. The date etc is what cell phones and computers do :)

Mike said...

Give the watch to your grandkid. It will be set in about 3 seconds.

Amanda said...

Dates don't mean so much to ne at the moment. I just wear a simple watch that only tells me the time.