Thursday, April 22, 2010

More Pens, Quickly

This is one of those mornings when I've got to get myself off to work early, so it'll be a short post. It's actually part two of yesterday's discussion of pens.

There are two pictures from my pen collection I didn't share with you yesterday. First is this one, which is a closeup of one of the dip pen nibs:

As you can see, it's in the shape of a pointing index finger, which I think is rather cool. I have another which is in the shape of a different pointing finger...but this is a family blog.

This is the pen and pencil set that Agnes made for me a few months back at a pen-turning class she took at a local woodworking shop...

She's very talented that way. It's a good division of labor: she makes the pens, and I write with them.

I'm afraid that's going to be it for today...I have to drive to the Metro station and leave the car so that I can pick it up later and go to an afternoon meeting across town. That means getting to the Metro garage in time to actually get a parking place, so...

Gotta run. Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo


2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Much better than the average biro!

Mike said...

I get adds for "make your own pens" all the time. That might be something to do in retirement. I'll make 'em, you test 'em.