Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Disasters

Short post today - I have bills to pay before I leave for work, so that I can make money to pay yet more bills. Great, isn't it?

Let's talk briefly about disasters.

We seem to have no shortage of them lately, do we? Unpronounceable volcanoes in Iceland, earthquakes in South America and China, floods in Tennessee, mudslides, Republicans, Michael Moore movies, the list goes on and on. It's gotten so bad I'm almost afraid to go outside any more.

On the upside, disasters make great movies. Remember The Towering Inferno? Earthquake? And the famous Towering Inferno/Earthquake double-bill - Shake and Bake?

Sorry about that.

Of course, there are disasters and there are disasters. Some we recognize, some we don't. My friend Bob sent me this clever cartoon that makes the point...

Disasters. Ugh.

And we still have elections coming later this year. Better get your personal shelter ready.

Because sometimes the worst disasters are the ones we choose ourselves.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

4 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

In the PA elections its a diaster no matter which one we choose :(

Mike said...

Is your friend Bob a dem or repub? Is he on ourside or theirs? Is he for or against us? Or is he truly his own person, an antilibcon.


Wv: retat - You got a tatoo. You had it removed. Now you want it back. You're going to .....

Bilbo said...

Mike - I'm pretty sure Bob is a repub/con, but he's not a bad sort as such beings go. By the way, I like the "antilibcon" label, and think I'll use it.

Chrissy said...

Politics in general are a disaster. I have been struggling with how to explain everything to my son as he grows up. I have told my husband that children will always bring home the one person (to date) that you don't want to deal with...so i know we're going to get a republican. And a stripper...maybe a republican stripper. Sigh.