Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cartoon Saturday

The end of another week ...

Today is the anniversary of the birth in 1899 of legendary suspense film director Alfred Hitchcock (famously parodied in Mad Magazine as "Alfred Hatchplot"); an American citizen has been kidnapped in Pakistan (although why anyone would want to live there in the first place is beyond me); police in Britain have arrested and charged nearly 2000 people in the fierce riots and looting that swept the country last week; Congress is still on vacation while the stock market continued to wipe out the investments of Real People, many of whom still don't have jobs and are wondering why members of Congress still do; and a Louisiana man who died last year has been confirmed to have been killed by the infected bite of a rabid vampire bat (initial reports hinted that he'd actually been bitten by a Tea Party Republican).

You can either go back to bed and pull the covers over your head, or read Cartoon Saturday. I recommend the latter.

Mike isn't the only one who can regale you with terrible puns ...

I should have seen this one coming ...

In answer to alanwoodhaven's question the other day, I noted that I had lots of cartoons on file sorted into categories. One of those categories is mimes; here are a few from that genre ...

There are mimes everywhere ...

And they sometimes need your help ...

They've got to get their start somewhere...

And they've all got to go sometime ...

I also have a lot of cartoons dealing with GPS - the Global Positioning System - which lends itself to all sorts of funny observations. This is one of the better ones I've seen lately ...

The question of what happens when earth finally meets visitors from deep space is a staple of science fiction stories and movies. And cartoons ...

And finally, here's what you can expect from a Congress that is deeply concerned about ensuring Americans have access to good, affordable health care ...

I think I had another wonderful time at last night's dance party...I'll know for sure once I download the pictures Agnes and I took. Those that are suitable may well end up on my Facebook page later today, for those of you who are regular visitors there. Otherwise, it looks to be a pretty average weekend coming up ... plenty of rain expected this afternoon and tomorrow (not that we need it ... just not all at once, thank you), plenty of chores to be done, and a visit to the local library this morning, where three books I've been on the hold list for for many weeks have all showed up at once.

Of course.

Have a good day and a great weekend. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

3 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

The mime funeral was a classic!

Mike said...

At first I thought those 5 women were seeing a guy that could play multiple games at once.

allenwoodhaven said...

ANother great collection. Keep them coming Bilbo!