Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Buttons to Push, Buttons to Wear

There are lots of people out there who know how to push my buttons. These include:

Members of Congress;

Ass clowns who hold up checkout lines in the store while they search for money or coupons or examine their receipt line-by-line;

Political pundits who make more noise than sense;

Clueless dumbasses who take up two parking spaces in crowded lots; and,

Rude, boorish twits who curse or generally act loud and stupid in public.

They cry out for buttons. Buttons to push, and buttons to wear. Here are a few that, on most days, are appropriate:

We use this one a lot at the office ...

I dream about pushing this one every time we get some "hot" task at work that's dropped on us at 4:00 PM on Friday with a due date of noon Monday (which is the way people do staffing when they really don't want your input, but are required to ask for it) ...

Some days, you really want to send just the right, subtle message ...

Or gently suggest that someone go away and bother someone else ...
This one gets more true every year ...

Congressional power breakfast? ...

Speaking of the Republican field of presidential candidates ...
I think it's time we elected more people who are bright, as opposed to colorful ...
When you just want people to leave you alone ...
And finally, one of my favorites ...
We had absolutely gorgeous Indian summer weather this past weekend here in Northern Virginia. I got the yard in order (you can actually see the ground floor of the house now that the lawn is mowed and trimmed and our scraggly hedges cut back), made some headway on cleaning out my study (you can actually see most of the floor and almost a full third of the desktop), and walked Nessa about a hundred miles. But now, it's time to get ready to go back to work. Sigh.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I find that because my interactions with grown ups are so limited, I don't often feel that I need one of these buttons. I'm thankful for that...

Duckbutt said...

Great buttons! They would be useful in academe, the corporate world, and in government. Dilbert has become the model of those settings, but without Bob the Dinosaur to give offenders wedgies!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Now there are some all-purpose buttons for any season or situation! I'm going to get some!

Mike said...

'most of the floor'

You can come work on my stud... mess next while I wear the 'bed' button.

allenwoodhaven said...

At work (in New Jersey) there is a unconnected light switch. Since all the others are labeled ( e.g. hall light, office)I put on a label that says "New York City". Not many people notice but the ones that do either laugh or find it very strange. Some even like to turn it off and on to imagine NYC being a strobe light!

Chrissy said...

Ohhh how I have a soft spot for posts containing the words "ass clown"...haa