Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Guest Post


Hello, again! It’s me … Clara … you know, Bilbo and Agnes’s granddog.


It’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to write anything here ... my last guest post was back in August of last year! Bilbo usually keeps a pretty close watch on his computer, and in any case I don’t get to visit his house very often … he thinks I’m too excitable, just because I run around the house at top speed and jump from chair to chair and try to poach yummy stuff from the kitchen counter. What a spoil sport.

Well, anyhow, I had a chance to get my paws on the computer again, so I thought I’d give you some more of my dog’s-eye perspectives on a few things.

First of all, I heard everyone making a big deal yesterday about it being “Groundhog Day.” So what? Who cares? What good are groundhogs, anyhow? If you want a day to celebrate an animal, why not have a “Dog Day?” After all, we do a whole lot more for you than any fat, stupid groundhog. Oops … sorry … I’m starting to sound like that Trump guy. Oh, and another thing about groundhogs: if I understand this right, you think that if some groundhog in Pennsylvania wakes up, looks around, and sees his shadow, winter will last for another six weeks. Are you for real? You don’t believe it when scientists tell you the climate is changing, but you trust a rodent to predict the rest of your winter? You people really need to go back to school.

And speaking of winter, I’m a pit bull. We have very short hair and we don’t get winter coats. And I’m here to tell you that it’s no fun to have to squat down in 21 inches of snow to do your business. So if you have a dog, give us a break during the winter, and make sure you clear us out a patch where we can do our business without getting frostbite of the backside.

I've been working hard on being a Good Dog. It took a long time to get back in everybody's good graces after I ate the couch, but my Lovable Clara PlanTM seems to be working. Here I am, helping Elise play games on her iPad ...


And here I am, schmoozing with Bilbo. I'm trying to distract him so he doesn't realize that this is the couch I ate ...


I'll let you know in my next guest post if the Lovable Clara PlanTM is still working.

One last thing ... I may be just a dog, but I think that (like most dogs) I'm a pretty good judge of character. And trust me on this ... if I get close enough to either that Trump person or that Cruz person, I'm gonna bite him. Think carefully about who you vote for. I like it here, and I don't want to have to move to Australia.

Bilbo will be back tomorrow to do his own post. Until then, arf!

Clara

6 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A nice post, with two loveable Clara and friends pictures!

I don't blame Clara's opinion about Trump and Cruz.

Gonzo Dave said...

Dogs might not get their own day, but a movie was named after one of their afternoons - remember "Dog Day Afternoon"?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Good Girl Clara, bite away!

I wish you could teach Izzy to just go where we remove the snow and make a nice grassy patch, or two, or 6. Nope, she is a big diva and must search high and low and walk for over an hour each time for the perfect spot. heaven forbid, not repeat a spot. If you are interested in teaching Ole Izzy a new trick I'm sure there would be hugs and lots of treats in it for you!

Grand Crapaud said...

How deep must snow be to need clearing for a terrier?

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

I enjoy it when Clara makes doggie comments.

Mike said...

Gonzo Dave beat me to the comment about the dog days of summer.