Saturday, August 01, 2026

Cartoon Saturday


Wouldn't it be nice if the new month were better than the old? Well, don't hold your breath ...

Der Furor has ordered warning signs placed outside the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History, claiming exhibits are anti-white and dishonest and do not accurately depict the nation's glorious history; United States regime representatives attending a conference in Brazil showed a map which mislabeled the African countries they were discussing - an egregious error which resulted in international derision and a rare admission of error from the State Department; social media influencers are pushing a new trend – “cyclospora skinny” – in which persons deliberately infect themselves with cyclospora in order to lose weight faster through excessive diarrhea; Der Furor's latest distractive redecorating initiative is a proposed $22 billion makeover of Washington Dulles Airport; and in (where else?) Florida, Miami-Dade Sheriff’s Office detectives arrested Christopher Chiofalo on suspicion of burglary. When officers showed him the video which led to his arrest Chiofalo said, “Oh, yeah! I broke into the business a while back ... looked familiar ... Yeah, that’s me ... You got me.”

Since the country is going to the dogs and taking the rest of the world with it, I figured a collection of cartoons about dogs would give us some desperately needed laughs ...

Uh, oh ...


I'm not sure it was a legal move, but in today's USA, that probably doesn't matter ...




A canine search for the meaning of life ...


Hiring a hit dog ...


Good call ... I mean, text ...


How today's MAGA child excuses the missing homework ...


The bark was the giveaway ...


But at least he was well-trained ...


It's good to be the king's dog ...


I hope you enjoyed these cartoons I doggedly compiled for you. And when you next complain about your national government, remember the old comment attributed to President Harry Truman: if you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.

Have a good day and a great weekend, and come back tomorrow when we dust off the first Poetry Sunday of the new month - more thoughts then.

Bilbo

No comments:

Post a Comment