Thursday, November 19, 2009

Stupid Alarm Clock...

Well, friends, it is 5:45 AM, and I have been up for about 25 minutes.

Yesterday, we had one of our traditional Northern Virginia power outages. When I came home from work, I duly went through the house and reset each clock, including my nightstand clock radio.

Unfortunately, I forgot to specify "AM" or "PM" when I reset the time on the alarm clock.

As a result, my alarm clock this morning let me sleep on, assuming that the correct time was 4:00 PM.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

And so it is that this morning's post is a minor placeholder, suitable only for telling you that, for reasons that will be made clear in due time, this week's Cartoon Saturday will appear tomorrow.

For now, I need to frantically get my stuff together and take one more look in the mirror to make sure I actually have all my clothes on.

Sit down, Fiona, I do!

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

P.S. - we never had this trouble when alarm clocks needed to be wound.

B.

5 comments:

John A Hill said...

My cell phone is my alarm clock with the recharger plugged in by the night stand.
I've done that am/pm thing before. I hate it when that happens.

Mike said...

When you're retired you forget about that AM/PM thing.

Gilahi said...

Remember the good old days when clocks didn't know the difference between AM and PM?

Mrs. Geezerette said...

I don't need an alarm clock. I always wake up every morning at the same time just moments before the alarm goes off. If only I would always remember to disarm our alarm system in the morning before opening the door to let the dog out.

Amanda said...

When you live with a 3 year old, you also don't need an alarm clock or worry about AM/PM ....