Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!
Today is my favorite holiday, because it gives me a chance to reflect on all the things in my life for which I'm thankful. I think about this all the time, because I consider myself an extraordinarily lucky man, but Thanksgiving Day provides a time to focus. The full list of things I'm thankful for would take days to write, so I'll just list my Top 10 (with apologies to David Letterman):

* A happy marriage to a wonderful lady.
* Three wonderful children.

* Three fabulous grandchildren.

* Wise and loving parents.

* Ballroom dancing.

* Good friends.

* A steady job.

* A nice home to live in.

* Books and music (yes, I know that counts as two, but it's my list!).

* Glorious sunrises and sunsets.

On this Thanksgiving Day, don't just shovel down the turkey and trimmings and watch back-to-back football games - remember what the day is really for, and think about all the things for which you can be thankful. The list is probably long.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

No comments: