Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cartoon Saturday

Michael Jackson moonwalked off the stage of life this past week, as did Farah Fawcett; the medieval clerical government of Iran is still under siege by people who would prefer to live in the 21st century than the 7th; the governor of South Carolina says he was misquoted - he wasn't "hiking the Appalachian Trail," he was "getting some Argentinian tail" ... over Fathers' Day weekend, no less; nine people were killed and more than 70 injured in a terrible Metro train crash in Washington, DC; and superfraud king Bernie Madoff has been ordered to forfeit $171 billion before going to prison ... and this just represents the total amount that could be connected to his fraud, not the actual, total amount stolen from or lost by scammed investors over the years.

Well, at least Cartoon Saturday is still free.

The clown cartoons just keep on coming ... I think this one is a classic ...


Did you ever wonder what superheroes do when they're not out superheroing? Here's one take ...

A few years back, some brilliant theoretician of child-raising (who probably didn't have any children of his own) decided that a "take your son/daughter/generic child to work day" would be a good idea. Sometimes it can be a good thing. Sometimes not ...

Since I'm the sole breadwinner of the family now that Agnes is enjoying her well-deserved retirement, I have a new set of worries. Mike, it is not necessary to comment ...

I tend to have a lot of nervous energy, and if I have to sit too long I'll often start jiggling my leg. It drives Agnes crazy. Of course, it's not like I'm Lindsey Lohan or Paris Hilton and have anything else to jiggle ...

And finally, you all know how I feel about those who insist on imposing particular religious beliefs (or lack thereof) on the rest of us. But how far down does that instinct go on the tree of life? ...

I'm reviewing the story of how Hercules cleaned out the Augean Stables in preparation for today's job - Agnes wants me to clean out the garage so that she can set up her stained glass workshop again. Sadly, I don't think the stream that runs through the woods behind our house is quite up to the scale of the job, but at this point, I'll try anything.

I hope you all have a good weekend. Relax. Don't work too hard. Ha, ha. I'll let you know how the garage comes out.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

5 comments:

John A Hill said...

Thanks for the light-hearted look at life. Enjoy the garage cleaning...it's supposed to reach 100 degrees here again today. It was still 95 at 8 pm yesterday. Glad I waited 'til it cooled down to mow the lawn!

Melissa B. said...

Ah, the anti-praying mantis. A touch of irony there, no? Plus the whole SC Guv implosion. No irony there, huh? I think he needs to move to Iran and become an ayatollah. At least they'd all be on the same hypocritical wavelength, huh?

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Remind me. I have a political thingamabob to send you that I founds whilst perusing teh nets.

Yup I've resorted to speaking internetese

Mike said...

"getting some Argentinian tail"

Well done.

an orange county girl said...

ha! i have RLS too! before the powers-that-be had to find a name for it, i just referred to it as 'that darn leg that just won't stop moving'.