Saturday, October 03, 2015

Cartoon Saturday


Outside my study window it's raining like the proverbial cow peeing on a flat rock. I know we needed the rain, but did we have to get it all at once?

A man murdered ten people* at a community college in Oregon on Thursday, using those guns that I'm told don't kill people; Representative Kevin McCarthy, the presumed next Speaker of the House, confirmed what everyone already knew by crowing in a Faux News interview that the endless investigations into the Benghazi tragedy were intended to torpedo Hillary Clinton's presidential hopes**; eleven people were killed when a U.S. C-130 transport aircraft crashed at Jalalabad Airport in Afghanistan; Russian aircraft began bombing targets in Syria this week because there was a clear need to have more bombs being dropped on what's left of the country; and hurricane Joaquin pounded the Bahamas and headed for the East Coast of the United States, intent on showing that it is at least as powerful a wind generator as Congress.

This week, in "honor" of the latest mass shooting and the predictable crocodile tears shed by the gun lobby, our collection of theme cartoons deals with ... of course ... guns.

If guns don't kill people, where do all the bullets in the bodies come from?


There's probably an element of compensation involved in the choice of firearm ...

 What the well-dressed gun aficionado is wearing this summer ...


There are some people who will have a great deal of answering to do one day ...

 

Shotgun weddings ...


Turning to other topics, gun violence isn't the only thing a lot of people are in denial about ...


You had to see this one coming ...


And it seems as if many of those laws are written to facilitate circumvention ...


This is how I feel when I try to file a complaint with one of those wonderful, ever-so-responsive corporations ...


I don't think I could have expressed this one any better myself ...


Well, it's a very wet, cold, miserable weekend here in NoVa as we get the one-two rain punch from our nor'easter and hurricane Joaquin. A good day to stay inside and deal with some of the chores I've been putting off ... like excavating the study (again) to see if I can find the surface of my desk. But then, I'd need a lot longer weekend than this to accomplish that. Sigh.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry, and come back tomorrow for Poetry Sunday.

More thoughts then.

Bilbo

* Or, as GOP presidential wannabe Jeb Bush put it, "stuff happens." Dumbass.

** For what it's worth, I don't think Hillary Clinton should be president ... but I also think that the GOP's Benghazi fetish is the most transparently political hatchet job in memory, and I understand why the Republicans are furious that Mr McCarthy actually admitted it.

6 comments:

Chuck the Grumpy Cat said...

Somehow, that last cartoon goes with the open gun carriers.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Great cartoons about guns and gun-carriers.

Yesterday, after the shootings in Oregon, the Lt. Gov. of Tennessee urged all Christians to carry guns. I nominate him for the next cheek of Ass Clown.

Linda Kay said...

I live in Texas....what can I say?

Mike said...

The last one should continue with... 'and I've sent your results to the teapublican congressional committee. I think they'll be very interested.'

allenwoodhaven said...

I, for one, didn't see Liposuction Tailors coming. Very funny!

Cartoon Saturday is always a pleasure.

Duckbutt said...

Jeb Bush should know what really happens.