Tuesday, May 08, 2018

New Schedule


Good morning!

Those of you who have been with me for a while know that over the last 12 years and over 4,000 posts (!) I have managed to post to this blog almost every day. I've occasionally taken short breaks, and at one point during a very busy personal period cut back to only posting every other day or so.

While I enjoy writing this blog, which has become my favorite creative outlet, the simple fact is that putting out the quality posts I like and you have come to expect is not an easy task. Especially as summer has now arrived and I want to spend as much time as possible in my garden, the time spent indoors in my study researching and writing seriously limits the amount of time I can spend outside in the fresh air and sunshine.

Therefore, Dear Readers, I am going to cut back on my posting, at least for the duration of the summer. Instead of posting more-or-less every day, I'll post all the regularly occurring features (Great Moments in Editing and Signage, the Ass Clown Awards, Cartoon Saturday, and Poetry/Musical Sunday), and other posts on an as-I-have-time-or-a-good-idea basis. When summer is over and the weather turns wintry, I'll look at picking up the pace again.

The general rule for bloggers who want lots of readers is to post lots of stuff. I've built up a good (and very much appreciated) group of readers over the years and don't want to lose any of you, so please either keep checking back every few days or use the "Follow by E-Mail" link (upper left corner of the page) to get a notification every time a new post goes up.

Have a good day, and stick with me. More thoughts coming, if not quite as frequently.

Bilbo

4 comments:

John A Hill said...

Enjoy your summer, my friend!

Mike said...

Hmmmmmmm.....

Grand Crapaud said...

Have a great summer, Bilbo!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Have a great summer, Bilbo! I'll check your site out regularly.