Monday, November 09, 2009

NaBloPoMo

Na-Blo-Po-Mo.

Sounds like the backbeat refrain from a 1960's song, doesn't it?

If you're a "real" blogger, you know that it really means "National Blog Posting Month," which encourages bloggers to post each day. Because not everyone is as full of crap good, bloggable ideas as I am, it has become necessary to designate a month to encourage all of us to keep our blogs up to date (um, Fiona?), fresh, and interesting.

It can be difficult to find the time to keep up a blog, which is why many bloggers start with good intentions, but soon taper off to nothing. Many things intrude on quality blogging time: children (right, Amanda?), work, and the vicious time sump of Mafia Wars on Facebook ... which, last time I checked, had 26,764,060 monthly active users and 872,360 "friends" (if you can use the term "friend" in the context of a game that requires you to kill those friends from time to time). I did not make those numbers up, by the way...they are on the Mafia Wars website.

Am I cheating by writing a blog post about posting blogs? I don't think so. After all, blogging is one of my hobbies, and I enjoy doing it and encouraging others to do so as well. And although the quality of the writing (grammar, spelling, "appropriate" language, etc) on many blogs is ... well ... less than stellar, at least people are writing, which in itself is a good thing.

So ...

Don't just read what everyone else writes. Fondle that keyboard. Zip those electrons around cyberspace to share your ideas and feelings with the rest of us. It's not as bad as you might think...

And you might become famous ...

Blog today! Celebrate NaBloPoMo.

Sh-boom, sh-boom.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

6 comments:

Amanda said...

*sigh* Blogging has suddenly become so much more difficult in Brisbane. Richard isn't here yet so I'm hardly getting any time to myself. When I do, I prefer to read what you all have to say instead of trying to organise my messy thoughts....

Debbie said...

Please join my Mafia! Just from your NA connections, Marilyn and Dan, Patty, Rob, Bob and I will watch your back. :)

John A Hill said...

okay, okay! post coming!

Bandit said...

Happy Na Blo Po Mo.

I need to get a haircut.

Mike said...

I didn't even think about the fact of by me not blogging today I was breaking the rules. Makes me feel kinda good.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

November always makes me cringe because of the Nanos...