Sunday, May 26, 2013

We'll Never Run out of Great Moments in Editing!


It's going to be a busy day, and it's been a few weeks since we've looked at a selection of great moments in editing, so why not take the low road and cringe along with those who may have lost their jobs over these stinkers ...

I know it's tough to get a good warranty on some car repairs any more, but this one is a little out of the ordinary ...


Some appliances nowadays come with a ridiculously short cord, supposedly for your safety ... the manufacturer claims it will keep you from accidentally pulling the appliance off the counter. But most of us don't have electrical outlets in just the right place, so we need extension cords, right? But safe ones we won't get tangled up in ...


I guess the reports of declining church attendance are not always correct ...


Oddly enough, when we were in Chicago this tour was completely booked and we couldn't get seats ...


I really would have liked to read the whole study. I'd really, really have liked to have helped with the research ...


The Ducks really had a bad day on this one ...


Someone got a "C" in his entomology class ...


Ah, yet another example of creative accounting of the sort beloved by Congress ...


I hope this store also sells ten-foot poles, because I'll need one to touch my next line with ...


Well, yes, I suppose so ...


And there you have it ... another collection of Great Moments in Editing. Oy.

In a little while, Agnes and I will be headed out to spend the morning with our local grandchildren; later, assuming we're not utterly exhausted, we've been invited to dinner by our friend Nadja. A day with the grandchildren AND a day we don't have to cook ... priceless!

Normally I wouldn't be posting tomorrow, it being Monday and all, but since it's a federal holiday and I'm off work for the day, I'll go ahead and post something after my morning gasp-a-thon on the elliptical machine. Drop by. I'll try not to short out the keyboard with the dripping sweat.

Have a good day and a great holiday weekend. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

4 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Bilbo, those were tremendous! 12 mile warranties on cars, sandy whores (Cub fans, maybe), shorty extension cords, unfortunate Ducks, catholic cats.

Good luck with mud wrestling. Jello-wrestling is cleaner.

Mike said...

I remember the 30/30 warranties we used to tell people we gave them. 30 seconds or 30 steps out the door.

I keep waiting for a post about all my typos to show up here.

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Sandy whores sound more like a Miami thing.

Flying bugs have wings? Is there somw connection?

Amanda said...

That last one was the funniest!