Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Election Day


Today is election day here in Virginia and across the country. Here in the Old Dominion, we will vote for, among other positions, a new Governor and Lieutenant Governor (they run separately). I have already cast my vote through "In-Person Absentee Balloting*," authorized because I will again be working as an election officer at a local precinct.

If you are not registered to vote, shame on you.

If you are registered to vote, but do not go out and do your civic duty, shame on you.

If you are registered to vote, and your vote is governed by a visceral hatred for one side or the other, rather than a careful consideration of the individual candidates' and their party's positions on the key issues of the day, shame on you.

Politics is (are?) distasteful, but our right to vote is a right that many people around the world don't have. It's your voice. If you don't use it, I don't feel the need to listen to anything you have to say on the issues.

Get out and do your duty.


Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

* Reason 4a.

4 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It's a great day to vote, even when it's raining. Still, I wish we had more and better choices.

Mike said...

I think you made a new cover all word, isare.

Big Sky Heidi said...

We're voting on a Senator.

allenwoodhaven said...

Well said, as usual. I thanked my local election officer for helping out today. Thank you too.

I hear it's a special day; Happy Birthday!