Sunday, January 19, 2020

Poetry Sunday


In this bittersweet poem, George Bilgere muses on how adulthood isn't all it's cracked up to be ...

Horseplay
by George Bilgere

I am floating in the public pool, an older guy
who has achieved much, including a mortgage,
two children, and health insurance, including dental.

I have a Premier Rewards Gold Card
from American Express, and my car
is large. I have traveled to Finland.
In addition, I once met Toni Morrison
at a book signing and made some remarks
she found “extremely interesting.” And last month
I was the subject of a local news story
called “Recyclers: Neighbors Who Care.” In short,
I am not someone you would take lightly.

But when I begin to playfully splash my wife,
the teenaged lifeguard raises her megaphone
and calls down from her throne, “No horseplay in the pool,”
and suddenly I am twelve again, a pale worm
at the feet of a blond and suntanned goddess,
and I just wish my mom would come pick me up.


I sometimes wish my mom would, too.

Have a good day and enjoy the rest of your weekend. More thoughts coming.

Bilbo

4 comments:

Mike said...

" a pale worm at the feet of a blond and suntanned goddess"
This sounds like a little BDSM fun.

allenwoodhaven said...

Interesting. I enjoy your poetry picks.

shiba said...

You need to think about the place in which you will teach your kids in the home. It should be a comfortable room with no distractions. It should have enough area for active projects, but also a desk for writing. You also have to have a watchful eye out on what your kids are doing.
satta king
play bazaar

Mr. king said...

Consult with your masseuse before the massage. Knowing what will happen during the session will help you to relax. This is also an opportunity for you to discuss any allergies or concerns you may have with products used during the massage. Ask for music if you like, or anything else that will increase your comfort level.
satta king
play bazaar