Saturday, March 07, 2020

Cartoon Saturday


Coronavirus, shmoronavirus - there's other bad news out there, too ...

In the wake of the Super Tuesday primaries, Senator Elizabeth Warren and multibillionaire Mike Bloomberg withdrew from the Democratic race, leaving Senator Bernie Sanders and former Vice President Joe Biden as the leading contenders for the nomination; as the "novel coronavirus"* continues to spread, stores across the nation are selling out of hand sanitizer, filter masks, and ... toilet paper; a federal judge has harshly criticized Attorney General William Barr over his handling of the Mueller Report, saying that his actions "cause the Court to seriously question whether Attorney General Barr made a calculated attempt to influence public discourse about the Mueller Report in favor of President Trump despite certain findings in the redacted version of the Mueller Report to the contrary;" Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer was reprimanded by Chief Justice John Roberts after he made ill-advised comments about Associate Justices Brett Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch that were widely interpreted by Republicans as a physical, rather than a political threat; and coronavirus continues to take a toll on the national and world economies.

Most days, I don't feel my age. However, on occasional days it all catches up to me. This week, a collection of cartoons about old age ...

The part of the story you never hear about ...


Yep, I think they need to try again ...


And stay off the lawn, dammit! ...


I think that's a good way to look at it ...


Ah, yes ... I remember the good old days, when I could get up and down without sound effects ...


Oops ...


I can relate to this one ...


Yes, indeed - we've got plenty enough old and stupid people ... and they don't all wear red hats ...


Ah, cursive ... the secret code of the Boomers ...


I wish I couldn't ...


And that's it for another week ... now you young whippersnappers know what you have to look forward to.

Have a good day and a great weekend. More thoughts tomorrow on Musical Sunday. See you then.

Bilbo

* As opposed to the less-frequently observed "nonfiction coronavirus."

2 comments:

Dave Peterson said...

I'd like to find out whether there's a "poetry coronavirus" out there...

Mike said...

I make enough sound effects that Claudia sometimes asks me, "Is something wrong?"