Saturday, December 03, 2022

Cartoon Saturday


First collection for the new month! As usual, we can use the humor ...

An economically devastating rail strike was averted when Congress passed, and President Biden signed, a bill to block a strike and force workers to accept the agreements made in September by union leaders; in a step aimed at crippling the Russian war economy, the Western allies on Friday approved a cap of $60 on a barrel of Russian crude oil; the parenting website BabyCenter revealed the most popular baby names for 2022, with Olivia and Liam leading the list for girls and boys, respectively; the Air Force introduced its new, sixth-generation stealth bomber, the B-21 Raider, at a ceremony in Palmdale, California; and in Spain, authorities are looking for a person who paraglided over a border fence from Morocco to the Spanish enclave of Melilla, introducing a new tactic to the search for better ways to illegally immigrate ... Congressional Republicans said it illustrated the need for a really, really high wall on the US southern border.

I've been out of the dating scene since 1982, so I thought I'd take a walk down memory lane with a look at the joys and pitfalls of what we used to quaintly call "billing and cooing."

Dating is not immune from Freudian slips ...


I've had dates like that ...


Uh, oh ...


I wonder when they find the time ...


Good decision ...


I've had dates like this, too ...


If I were to go back into the dating scene, I'd need such a league as well ...


Personal relationships in 2022 ...


When you date a military woman ...


An appropriate analogy at World Cup time ...


And that's it for our first collection of cartoons for the new month ... I hope you enjoyed it.

Have a good day and a great weekend as we stride resolutely into the holiday season. More thoughts tomorrow, when Musical Sunday returns for the final month of the year.

Bilbo

3 comments:

KathyA said...

You have nice eyes, too! :)

Mike said...

I see Ximena has been here too, 😆

Singles bars and soccer. Ain't that the truth. I'm surprised Americans haven't adjusted the rules to allow more scoring.

Bilbo said...

Kathy - Awww ...

Mike - I deleted Ximena's comment. I'm too old to put up with spam on my own blog, and I don't count myself a proud curmudgeon for nothing!