No, don't worry ... this isn't going to be another one of those send-the-kids-out-of-the-room-before-reading, sounds-like-the-cover-of-Cosmopolitan posts.
I ran across this link the other day, and just from the title I - of course - had to visit: Five Unusual Turn-Ons for Men. The article turned out to be pretty interesting, focusing on these five things:
1. Glasses: the old saying says "men don't make passes at girls who wear glasses," but that's not always true. While glasses are part of the nerd stereotype, they can also remind men of their early boyhood crushes, or of their ... gasp! ... mothers. And taking off a girl's glasses can not only change her entire look, but it's less likely to get you slapped than trying to take off anything else.
2. Freckles: according to the article, freckles "represent being unaffected, natural and relaxed. To some men, they also make a woman appear somewhat ‘innocent’ and less jaded.” So, why do most women pay outrageous amounts of money for makeup to cover up those freckles? Apparently, they're viewed as a sort of blemish, rather than as a potential turn-on. If you watch Dancing with the Stars (the American version), take a look at professional dancer Cheryl Burke when she's in the performance mode, and compare it to the video footage of her practice sessions with her partner, when she's wearing workout clothes and no makeup. She's got freckles! And they're cute! Of course, if you look like Cheryl Burke, nobody is going to notice a few freckles, anyhow.
3. An Independent Streak: I married Agnes. 'Nuff said.
4. Plain Janes: while most men think they want a Sofia Vergara or a Scarlett Johansson, evidently what really turns them on is the local schoolmarm ... the shy, retiring wallflower, the I'm-waiting-for-you-to-bring-me-out-of-my-shell type. In my experience, a lot of men tend to be intimidated by really beautiful women, and reluctant to approach them for fear of rejection ... whereas the possibility of success with a bit more down-to-earth girl can be a plus. Trust me on this one ... I've danced with a lot of really gorgeous ladies, but the girls-next-door can be a lot more fun.
5. Assorted Quirks: whether it's a particular type of laugh (like the rapid-fire heh-heh-heh of Maria Menunous), or a way of doing some simple task that's all her own (like biting her lower lip or twirling a lock of hair while thinking), little personal quirks tend to be endearing to a lot of men.
So, what do you think, Dear Readers? Ladies, what do you think turns men on? Guys, what is it that you look for in a lady? You already know the things I like, now it's time for you to 'fess up. Just keep it clean ...
Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.