Thursday, October 25, 2012
The Best Music For ...
Lists are a big thing. David Letterman has made his Top Ten List a major part of his show, and there are lots of books out there that offer you lists on every conceivable topic ... if you doubt me, Google "top ten list" and see that you get roughly 525,000,000 hits. Don't check them all out now, or you'll miss out on my own post about ... lists.
You already know, Dear Readers, that I love music, and you may recall my post from a week or so ago that answered the AARP list of songs everyone over 50 should own with my own list of my favorite songs ... if you somehow missed it, you can read it here.
But speaking of music and lists, my eye was caught this morning by this headline from CNN online: Spotify Study: Music More Sexually Arousing Than Touch. The article discusses a study that was commissioned by the Swedish digital music service Spotify to examine the relationship between music, romance and seduction. The study results indicated that "Dirty Dancing" was the top pick for both men and women, men are more willing to adjust their tastes in music in order to ensure greater success in the bedroom, and background music was 40% more likely to turn the respondents on than the touch or feel of their partner.
Yes, I love music, but somehow I just can't see that part about the 40%.
You can see the various top-20 playlists generated by the study here. In case you don't want to read the whole thing, here are the lists, with the top five songs in each:
Songs Considered "Better Than Sex":*
1. Bohemian Rhapsody, by Queen
2. Sex on Fire, by Kings of Leon
3. Angels, by Robbie Williams
4. Bat Out Of Hell, by Meat Loaf**
5. Livin' on a Prayer, by Bon Jovi
Songs to Play During Sex:
1. She's Like the Wind, by Patrick Swayze
2. Sexual Healing, by Marvin Gaye
3. Bolero (Ravel)***
4. Take My Breath Away, by Berlin
5. You See the Trouble with Me, by Barry White
Songs for a Romantic Dinner:
1. Let's Get It On, by Marvin Gaye
2. The Lady in Red, by Chris de Burgh (great song!!)
3. Sexual Healing, by Marvin Gaye
4. Wonderful Tonight, by Eric Clapton
5. Moon River, by Andy Williams
Songs to Flirt By on the Dance Floor:****
1. Dancing Queen, by Abba
2. Sexy and I Know It, by LMFAO
3. The Lady in Red, by Chris de Burgh
4. (I've Had) The Time of My Life, by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
5. Do Ya Think I'm Sexy, by Rod Stewart
Songs to "Get in the Mood":
1. Sexual Healing, by Marvin Gaye
2. Let's Get It On, by Marvin Gaye and Rene Hall
3. Can't Get Enough of Your Love, by Barry White
4. Je T'Aime...Moi Non Plus, by Serge Gainsborough and Jane Birkin
5. Sex on Fire, by Kings of Leon
What are the songs on your playlists in these categories?
Have a good day. Keep the lights and music low ... and remember to use protection*****.
* You've got to be kidding!
** You've really got to be kidding!
*** Oh, yeah!
**** The full list is pretty good. Trust me, I know!
***** I'm not talking about ear plugs.