Sunday, October 07, 2007

Grandchild Update!

Today has been a pretty hectic day, and so I didn't get my usual early morning posting done. I did notice, however, that most of my usual readers stopped by...so I hope you didn't give up on me.

Serina Hope has tagged me with an interesting meme that I'll respond to in the morning, and I have lots of other things tumbling around in my brain at the moment to post about, but first things first. We spent the afternoon visiting our daughter Yasmin, son-in-law Vin, and newest (fourth, gasp!) grandchild, Leya. Time for a few pictures:

Here Leya expresses her joy at a kiss from Grandma Agnes...


And here she expresses her opinion about Grandpa Bilbo's not shaving before visiting her...


But later on, we went for a nice walk in the afternoon sun, and all was right with the world...



It's hard to believe that we have four wonderful grandchildren. If all goes as planned, the entire family will descend on our house for Thanksgiving, and we'll be awash in love, laughter, great children in whom we take great pride, and fabulous grandchildren who, sadly, will grow up before we know it.

But for now, we'll just revel in the happy smiles (and even in the multi-decibel screams) of the world's most adorable grandchildren. My friend Jake will probably beg to differ...but, of course, he's biased in favor of his own grandchildren.

Have a good evening. Tomorrow, we'll take on Serina Hope's "In 10 Words or Less" meme, and maybe some other topics...but for now, it's bedtime.

Good night.

Bilbo

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Leya looks so cute and cuddly. Very happy too! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving with all the family present.

Sue said...

What a cute cheeky grin in the last picture. She looks quite pleased with herself!