Monday, October 08, 2007

In 10 Words or Less

Yesterday Serina Hope tagged me with an interesting meme: answer a series of 29 (an odd number, that...why not 25, or 30?) questions with answers of 10 words or less. I couldn't sleep, so it seemed like a good opportunity to take this on. Herewith, my 29 answers, in 10 words or less:

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Being surrounded by family and friends at Thanksgiving.

2. What is your greatest fear? Something bad happening to a member of the family.

3. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Will Rogers.

4. Which living person do you most admire? No question: my father.

5. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? My tendency to procrastinate.

6. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Religious intolerance.

7. What is your greatest extravagance? My camera, lenses, and photo processing and managing software.

8. What is your favorite journey? The one that ends where I’m going.

9. On what occasion do you lie? Never on specific occasions; generally only to spare someone’s feelings.

10. What do you dislike most about your appearance? My ugly, nasty, cracked toenails.

11. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? “Oh, for cryin’ out loud…”

12. What is your greatest regret? My mother didn’t live to see her great-grandchildren.

13. What or who is the greatest love of your life? Agnes, who else?

14. When and where were you happiest? Wherever I was when each child and grandchild was born.

15. Which talent would you most like to have? Singing. I couldn’t carry a tune if it had handles.

16. If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? We’d all live within two hours drive of each other.

17. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Fathering three great and successful children.

18. If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be? Myself, version 2.0, new and (hopefully) improved.

19. If you could choose what/who to come back as, what would it be? A dog in my family, where dogs are loved.

20. What is your most treasured possession? My library.

21. What is your favorite occupation? Reading.

22. What is your most marked characteristic? My sense of humor.

23. What is the quality that you most like in a man? Trustworthiness.

24. What is the quality that you most like in a woman? Trustworthiness.

25. What do you most value in your friends? Trustworthiness and reliability.

26. Who are your heroes in real life? Police, firefighters, and military personnel.

27. What is it that you most dislike? Bugs of all kinds.

28. How would you like to die? In my sleep, after a good meal.

29. What is your motto? I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

Okay, Serina, back over to you. I won't tag anyone else with this meme, but would be interested in knowing what the answers are for any of my regular blogging friends.

Maybe I can go back to sleep now that it's almost time to get up.

More thoughts later.

Bilbo

5 comments:

Amanda said...

No 28 was so funny. I always say 'In my sleep' but I never thought about the meal beforehand!

I like this meme. Might pick it up tomorrow.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

If I were to do this meme we'd share the same answer for number 2.

Serina Hope said...

Great answers. the worst characteristic answer was very descriptive..haha
Thanks for playing!

Sue said...

I thought I replied to this earlier... hrm.

Anyway, I thought all boys liked bugs.

I've stolen this. I might post it today or tomorrow.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good answers, Bilbo. Very worthwhile ones.