Saturday, December 26, 2009

Cartoon Saturday

A Nigerian man is in custody after attempting to set off an explosive device on a flight from Amsterdam to Detroit (I'd be suspicious right off the bat of anyone who'd want to leave Amsterdam for Detroit); 45 people are dead after the collapse of a bridge in India; the Afghan Taliban have issued a video of an American soldier they captured earlier this year as a gruesome and cynical Christmas gift to his family; Pope Benedict XVI was unhurt after a woman jumped a barricade and wrestled him to the ground during a Christmas Eve processional; and at least 40 people died on Christmas Eve in Peru when a bus plunged into a mountain ravine.

It's the last Cartoon Saturday of the decade, and you know you need it.

I think I've found my dream job...

I would have thought that pretzel ... uh ... Styx ... would have been one of the choices...


I loved this one if only because it was such an obvious, if silly, sight gag...


Apropos of the health care "debate" (actually, "debacle," but I didn't get to pick the term) ...


Ah, yes ... the joys of eating in a sidewalk cafe ...


One of the things I've learned from Agnes over the years is how to pick a wine according to a system other than selecting the one with the best-looking picture on the label...

I love cartoons that are funny because they put a twist on an ordinary situation...

And finally, you may have wondered who it is that dreams up rosy economic statistics. At last, the mystery is revealed...

And that wraps Cartoon Saturday for 2009. I hope you all had a good Christmas, and that Santa was as good to you as the economy allowed. Let's hope 2010 will be better for us all.

Now, if someone could just get Congress working on that...

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

2 comments:

allenwoodhaven said...

Thanks for all the cartoons and posts this year. Though not an official follower, I read you almost daily and always enjoy your take on things.

May 2010 be a great year for you (and us all)!

Mike said...

"pick a wine"

There's a system?! I might start using the picture system.