Sunday, April 28, 2013

Great Moments in Editing Returns Yet Again!


Yesterday was a gorgeous spring day, and today looks like it's shaping up to be the same, so why sit inside and work on the computer any longer than necessary? How about another collection of Great Moments in Editing? ... it's been more than a month since the last one, after all, and it's time to start cleaning out the folder of pending items. Let's get to it ...

Before and after photos can be effective advertising ... sometimes ...


Uh, that's okay ... I seem to have lost my appetite ...


Would the insurance company call this a pre-existing condition? ...


Editors are needed in television studios, too ...


Who do you suppose came in first, second, and fourth? ...


If you saw this episode of "Dancing with the Stars," you know what they're trying to say ... but I'm not sure it came out quite right ...


You know, sometimes I think this diversity thing can be carried just a little too far ..


He's a politician! How is this news? ...


I don't think I'd ever want a job at this lab ...


Finally, as mea culpas go, this one probably leaves a little to be desired ...


And there you have it ... our latest collection of Great Moments in Editing. If you are a teacher of English, rejoice! - your talents are clearly still needed, if not always appreciated.

I'm not sure yet what the plans are for today ... the weather is going to be beautiful once again, so if we don't visit with our local grandchildren, I'll probably don the old work-in-the-yard jeans and my funky floppy hat and spend the day working in the yard and garden. Either way, I predict sore muscles by the time my alarm goes off tomorrow morning.

Getting old is the pits, but it does beat the alternative!

Have a good day and a great week. Come back on Tuesday for more thoughts.

Bilbo

6 comments:

Atomic Dog said...

I'll pass on the pies!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I like it when that kind of silence is broken.

I don't want to work at that lab........

Carrie Ann must have really enjoyed it!

Pep said...

I'll have a boner pie, please. No whip.

Mike said...

That pre-existing condition will wind up in all the manuals.

Amanda said...

LOL! That second last one made me laugh out loud.

Grand Crapaud said...

The parents were definitely unimaginative when it came to naming the suspect.