Friday, October 27, 2017

Great Moments in Editing and Signage


The last batch for October ...

As we move through Fall and approach the onset of Winter, accurate weather forecasts are important ...


I guess the local VFW hall was already booked ...


Bring your own bus?? ...


Built-in panty. Now, there's a drawing point ...


It's obviously for typists and not for mathematicians ...


The man to ask when you need to know when the next shipment of frozen heads will come in ...


I think this must be one of those new fad diets ...


Speaking for old guys everywhere, I worry about this, too ...


My father was an advertising photographer, and kept a rolodex full of names of models sorted by their most photogenic attributes - hands*, legs**, etc. As far as I remember, though, he never had to get this specialized ...


When you need to consult a grammarian or a typesetter rather than a theologian ...


And there it is - your last collection of Great Moments in Editing and Signage for the month of October, 2017. Be sure to join us tomorrow for the final Cartoon Saturday of our Halloween Marathon - more thoughts then.

Bilbo

* Dad once needed a man with very large hands for a shoot, and he thought of our parish priest, Father Rogers, who was a very large man. Unfortunately, he turned out to have small hands. 

** Our cousin Pat was listed under "L" for "legs." 

5 comments:

Big Sky Heidi said...

Why would someone want a hand model with three missing fingers? Do they have to be missing from the same hand?

Mike said...

I guess the anticipation was too much.

"An 86-year-old man who won a free ménage-a-trois at the famous Bunny Ranch choked to death on a piece of steak shortly before his promised night of carnal delight, said brothel owner Dennis Hof."

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Here's a place to visit: http://tnstateparks.com/parks/about/frozen-head

Thanks for the tip, Bilbo. I changed my password just in case. I'm sorry if I somehow infected you. I'll see if this problem continues.

Angel

allenwoodhaven said...

Always a pleasure. Thanks!

Duckbutt said...

Granddad went out in style!