Sunday, April 18, 2021

Musical Sunday


Earlier this week we celebrated the birthday of English TV producer Gerry Anderson, whose credits include the science fiction series "Fireball XL5," one of my favorites while I was growing up. It looks hokey now, with its characters given life by the then-amazing technology of "supermarionation," but to a guy who dreamed of being an astronaut all those years ago, it was beyond exciting. One of the best things about the show was its clever and catchy theme song, which we revisit today on Musical Sunday ...

   

I think the last verse is my favorite - 

But no, I'm not a space man,
Famous and renowned.
I'm just a guy who's down to earth,
With both feet on the ground.
Its all imagination —
I'll never reach the stars.
But my heart is still a fireball, a fireball,
And you could be my Venus of the stars

I found my Venus, and married her, and she helps me keep both feet on the ground. You should be so lucky.

Have a good day and enjoy the rest of your weekend. More thoughts coming.

Bilbo

1 comment:

Mike said...

Fireball XL5? I got nothin'. That's not even a blip on my old guy radar screen. Only 39 episodes in 62 and 63 so I can see why I missed it.