Saturday, November 19, 2022

Cartoon Saturday


And you thought 2021 was crazy ...

Not satisfied with abasing the presidency and ruining America's standing in the world one time, Der Furor announced that he will run again for office in 2024; on Friday, Attorney General Merrick Garland announced the appointment of a special counsel to oversee criminal investigations involving Der Furor; two people were killed and a major international crisis barely averted when a Ukrainian air defense missile targeting a Russian cruise missile accidentally landed in Poland; in Moscow, Idaho, four college students were murdered in their off-campus apartment, and the killer is still at large; and in (where else?) Florida, a man was arrested and charged with Sexual Contact with an Animal after putting his genitals into the mouth of the dog he had just purchased ... the dog was taken away by Animal Control officers and the man told arresting officers he "immediately felt remorse."

The weather has turned cold as we move toward winter, providing an impetus to stay inside and enjoy reading. And so it is that this week, we celebrate books and reading ...

I wonder if this fellow is available to help me find an agent when I finish my own book ...


Bringing order to the chaos of one's library ...


You have to know where to look in the bookstore ...


I've looked into do-it-yourself publishing, but I'm not sure it's right for me ...


We have similar piles at our house ...


Now that's a sad bedtime story ...


Poor Mr Orwell had no idea ...


Yes, this is my collection, too ...


People choose their reading material for various reasons ...


Seasonally appropriate book signing ...


And that's it for today's collection of cartoons on the theme of books and reading. I hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to reading through your accumulated library during the dark and cold months of winter ... I am.

Have a good day and be sure to come back tomorrow for Musical Sunday ... more thoughts then.

Bilbo

3 comments:

Mike said...

Picture books are my kind of books.

allenwoodhaven said...

Wonderfull! Every one is a gem. Orwell's reaction hits home. And I think everyone has an emotional support pile of books, unread and read. I certainly do.

River said...

I have several paperback books that are tatty from re-reading more than a few times, I had one actually fall apart and my daughter found a newish secondhand copy for me. Another favourite is missing the back cover, I'll have to find a new copy of that too.