Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cartoon Saturday

A woman who was hospitalized after she said an assailant had thrown acid in her face has admitted doing it to herself; an American warship in international waters in the Barents Sea was twice buzzed by Russian aircraft last week in incidents reminiscent of the Cold War; Pope Benedict XVI is visiting England, where some protesters are trying to have him arrested for covering up the clergy sex abuse scandal; few of the estimated 3500 homeowners whose homes have been ruined by toxic drywall imported from China have yet to receive any insurance payments, while the drywall manufacturers ignore them; and the governor of Virginia has refused to stay the execution of a woman sentenced to be executed this week for hiring two men to murder her husband and stepson.

I don't know about you, but I need Cartoon Saturday to help get me past all the bad news.

No matter how bad things get, you can always find a way to work things out...

I remember how things were back when I was dating. Or trying to date. Here are two takes on Bilbo's pre-Agnes love life ...

and ...

The Pope is visiting England, where he's being welcomed with open arms. Of course, many of those open arms are carrying protest signs, but that's not important right now. I think Benedict may be having some long days ...

And finally, another set of two cartoons, these dealing with dinnertime conversation in the year 2010...

and...

It looks as if we may be heading into one of the last really nice weekends of the summer here in Northern Virginia, with temperatures in the upper 70's under clear skies. Perfect weather for playing with the grandchildren and girding my mental loins for another wonderful week at the office.

Life is good. Or, at least as good as you make it.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Ha Ha! I love the dinner table conversations.

KathyA said...

I think we should all boycott the news and just read the cartoons!

Bandit said...

Those dating one's........Oh how I remember.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I can see people textiung each opther round the table!

Mike said...

"admitted doing it to herself"

WHAT! I didn't heat that. Talk about the need for attention.