Saturday, June 21, 2008

Cartoon Saturday

At the end of a week of rain, bad news, stratospheric gas prices, and general craziness, what do you need to bring your spirits back up again?

Cartoon Saturday, of course!

There are specialized competitions for jocks of all types. This one's mine...

Coming from a family of voracious readers, and being married to Miss "...I'm Almost to the End of This Chapter," I appreciate this one...

Some of the best cartoons are the ones that put a silly twist on a normal situation...

If only all of our festering problems with religion were this easy to solve...

And finally, lots of things are changing as the price of gasoline goes through the proverbial roof. Even some of our cherished bits of folk wisdom...

As always, Bilbo gratefully accepts your contributions of "clean" (slightly off-color is okay) cartoons for future editions of Cartoon Saturday. I'm looking for a good source of old Charles Addams cartoons, so if you've got a line on them for me, send me an e-mail!

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

4 comments:

Meera said...

Love your collection of comics!
:0)

The Mistress of the Dark said...

The book one reminds me of grandma, she was about 50 pages from the end of a Janet Evanovich romance. I read it for her. Its a shame she didn't finish it it was good. I hope in heaven you can still read.

Mike said...

Our kids kids may be back to walking six miles in the snow.

Amanda said...

I like the book one!

As for the walking to school, I hope Aaron gets a chance to do that but maybe not anything as far as 6 miles!