Thursday, June 07, 2012

Anybody Have a Number for a Good Editor?


I'm running a little behind schedule this morning, so let's just do something simple ... like take another look at some not-so-great moments in editing ...

Real estate agents are always good at accentuating the positive aspects of a home that may otherwise have its drawbacks ...


A little-known element of the health care reforms proposed by the GOP is their proposal to reduce health care costs by using aircraft no longer needed for rendition of terror suspects to fly old, sick people away for treatment in undisclosed locations outside the country ...


Where they will be treated by the very best-trained personnel ...


I think I know who wears the pants in this family ...


It's good to know that there are jobs available for the vertically challenged ...


Perhaps a bit more improvement may be called for ...


I'm told that this is a popular dinner option for men whose wives are out of town ... not that I would know anything about that ...


I think this fellow may have missed the point of the whole restitution thing ...


Who ever said that a motive had to make sense? ...


I think they may be expecting His Holiness to speak ex cathedra ...


This evening ought to be interesting, as Mike, Peggy, Gilahi, and I get together for a bloggers' happy hour (or two or three) at a local watering hole. After all, somebody has to start the process of solving the country's problems ... or, at least, drinking to forget them. Mike called me yesterday morning - it was the first time we've ever actually spoken with each other - and we mutually decided that neither of us sounds like what we'd expected ... which may require him to lower his expectations for our actual meeting this evening, because I sound a lot better than I look, especially after a long day at the office.

Details in tomorrow's post.

Have a good day. More thoughts coming.

Bilbo

P.S. - You may have seen this opinion piece on CNN the other day: Why 'Amercia' Needs Copy Editors. It applies.

B.

5 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Newspaper typos and omissions are always good for a laugh. Thanks!

KathyA said...

I always love these!!! Have a good time tonight and drink a mojito for me!

Duckbutt said...

I thought we were supposed to worry about black helicopters. Now we're to worry about Medicare planes?

The Bastard King of England said...

The Dick-Bender wedding is hilarious! To each her own.

Amanda said...

Sounds like you're going to have a fun get together. Make sure you tell the rest of us about it.