Friday, August 04, 2017

Great Moments in Editing and Signage


Welcome to August, and a new crop of amazing finds ...

Well, it would, wouldn't it? ...


Proofreader with grammar knowledge wanted ...


Sometimes, things just don't translate well (the sign in Russian actually says "No Exit") ...


And sometimes, you should get someone who actually speaks both languages to do the translation for you ...


And the donation covers ... what? ...


A good business plan considers diversification ...


He probably didn't have a permit for a handgun ...


Well, it is, isn't it? ...


Another criminal mastermind taken off the streets ...


Climate change is making it difficult to make accurate forecasts ...


And away we go, into a new month of strangeness. Come back tomorrow for Cartoon Saturday ... we'll help you cope. More thoughts then.

Bilbo

9 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

7-day diarrhea sounds horrid! And that is an ominous message: There is no escape. Even from drunk monkeys!

Hell Hound said...

Those were extremely funny!

John A Hill said...

For my second career I'm going to be a weatherman. I predict weather for tomorrow!

Btw, I'm planning a road trip that may bring me to your area in mid-Sept. I'd love to get together for lunch or a drink.

Big Sky Heidi said...

Bay County must have an amazing pollution problem!

Mike said...

That's about my level of Spanish.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

THX I enjoyed these!

Anemone said...

No escape sounds ominous!

allenwoodhaven said...

Excellent! Especially loved the criminal mastermind who couldn't spell his aliases.

Gonzo Dave said...

The English-Spanish one reminded me of this classic from my high-school French class:

Teacher: "What is the French word for flag?"
Student: "Uhhhh,..... le flageau?"

(For the record, it's "le drapeau."