Saturday, February 03, 2018

Cartoon Saturday


New month, new (mostly) cartoons to help you cope with the same old lousy news ...

Donald Trump delivered his first State of the Union address on Tuesday night, claiming after the fact that it had been the most-watched SOTU in history - which it wasn't; Pennsylvania state senator Joe Scarnati, a Republican, refused to follow a court order requiring lawmakers to turn over data that would redraw the state's congressional map, which the Pennsylvania Supreme Court had determined violated the state constitution; in Los Angeles, a 12 year-old girl is in custody after exercising her Second Amendment rights by shooting and critically wounding two of her classmates; against the advice of virtually all concerned parties, Donald Trump, hoping to undermine the investigation into Russian election meddling being conducted by former FBI director Robert Muller, authorized the release of a controversial memo written by GOP members of the House Intelligence* Committee which accuses the FBI of conducting illegal surveillance of members of the Trump political campaign; and on Friday morning at Gobbler's Knob, Pennsylvania, meteorologically prognosticating groundhog Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and retreated back into his nest, indicating that we can expect six more weeks of winter.

We haven't featured cartoons based on awful puns for a while, so ...

Remember my post about how famous I was for my socks? ...


Have you accepted Joe's Auto Body as your savior? ...


We ought to charge the people who use them in public ...


Oh, how I can relate to this one ...


I like this one, even if it's a little thilly ...


This fellow has a bright future working for Donald Trump ...


Oy ... just, oy ...


I think I understand Art ...


It was a dark and stormy sea ...


Well, it is an odd job ...


And that's it for our first Cartoon Saturday of February ... I hope it helped you cope with your post-State of the Union depression. This will be Agnes's and my first quiet weekend at home since our cruise and the departure of our visitors from Germany ... I think I'll spend at least part of it catching up on my sleep. 

Have a good day and a great weekend. See you tomorrow for Musical Sunday ... more thoughts then. 

Bilbo

* Pardon the expression.

4 comments:

John A Hill said...

Happy weekend!

Dave Peterson said...

...and I'll bet that note was written quite hansom-ly, too!

Mike said...

I think the eggplants are abandoning ship these days.

allenwoodhaven said...

Excellent, excellent edition. So many great ones!