Saturday, July 21, 2018

Cartoon Saturday


What a week it's been ...

Apparently before debriefing his key staff on the results of his private meeting with Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, Donald Trump has issued an invitation to Putin for a second meeting, this time in Washington this fall; in Branson, Missouri, at least 17 people died when their sightseeing duck boat capsized on a lake during a sudden storm; about 10 people were injured in the northern German city of Lübeck when a 34-year-old man attacked bus passengers with a knife before being subdued by other passengers; in Parkland, Florida Ayub Ali, the father of two survivors of the February mass murder at Margory Stoneman Douglas High School, was himself murdered by gunfire in a robbery at his convenience store; and Missouri GOP Representative Jason Lewis* was revealed to have made fiercely racist remarks during his time as a right-wing talk radio host, including the assertion that blacks have an "entitlement mentality," view themselves as victims, and are conducting a "racial war" against whites.

This week, in honor of Donald Trump's declaration that under his leadership the economy is doing better than at any time in history, we feature cartoons about economics.

I think this makes as much sense as most economic theories ...


This is what's known as the "I Got Mine!" school of wage theory ...


That's my position, too ...


True story: this is pretty much the reaction I got when I told my old bank I was closing my checking account because I was dissatisfied with their service and exorbitant fees ...


It's also said that when money talks, nobody criticizes its accent ...


My first mortgage was one of those ...


The GOP reforms have finally reached their conclusion ...


I don't understand it, either ...


Poor, poor fellow ...


This was Agnes and I after we'd both retired ...


I hope this clarifies the intricacies of the economy for you as much as anything can.

It looks like we're headed into a week or so of crummy weather, which may or may not be good for my garden. As the Fearless Leader would say, "time will tell."

Have a good day and a great weekend. See you tomorrow for Poetry Sunday. More thoughts then.

Bilbo

* The Left-Cheek Ass Clown for July, 2018.

3 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I would assume that position on the economy too. Nice cartoons.

Mike said...

OH NO, not the 2%!

allenwoodhaven said...

I know that circular feeling!