Saturday, December 01, 2018

Cartoon Saturday


Welcome to December ... which, we all hope, will be an improvement over November, even with Donald Trump still in residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

A Chinese scientist claimed to have produced the first human baby with an edited genetic structure, although not all observers believe it; after the release of a devastating government report on the subject, Donald Trump and his GOP allies doubled down on their belief that climate change is a hoax; a huge earthquake measuring magnitude 7.0 caused widespread damage in Alaska on Friday, and continuing aftershocks have continued to hamper rescue and recovery efforts; former president George H. W. Bush passed away at the age of 94; and the Marriott Corporation announced a data breach that exposed the personal data of some 500 million guests to hackers.

Today is the birthday of one of my oldest and closest friends, who happens to be from Egypt. I wonder if he'll find these themed cartoons as funny as I did ...

Egyptian billiards? ...


It may take a while to pitch that tent ...


I wonder if it was an attempt to evade the repayment of college loans ...


Funerals have always been expensive ...


I think they need a bigger tree ...


Now, that's a pyramid scheme ...


Good guess ...


Cats got all the press, but dogs were there, too ...


D'ya think? ...


Outsourcing has always been controversial ...


And that's it for our Egyptian-themed Cartoon Saturday. No, I'm not getting see-nile, I just thought I'd pyramid my collected cartoons and pick a few good ones. If you don't like it, Suez me.

Have a good day and a great weekend. More thoughts tomorrow, when Musical Sunday returns. Be here!

Bilbo

1 comment:

allenwoodhaven said...

No comments yet?! This is a stellar collection! Especially love the coffin painter, but all great ones. Thanks!