Saturday, December 29, 2018

Cartoon Saturday


Welcome to the last Cartoon Saturday of 2018 ... heaven knows you need it.

I normally lead off Cartoon Saturday with a compilation of the worst of the bad news from the previous week. This week, the selections were far more depressing than usual, and so I have decided to just go right to the cartoons, with a focus on the theme of the New Year ...

If you're going to sue, you need to be more specific ...


Yep, this is Agnes and I ...


Truth ...


I need one of those calendars ...


I think I'd double-check, just in case ...


I guess you'd only need to make them once ...


Sounds right to me ...


Mine, too ...


This is how I usually feel on New Year's Day ...


Good idea for a head start on 2019 ...


And that's it for our last Cartoon Saturday of 2018. I hope these weekly offerings have helped keep you sane and laughing in spite of everything.

Don't forget your Ass Clown of the Year votes - there are just two more days to go before balloting closes and we name the winner. Here are the standings as of today: in fifth place, Kellyanne Conway; in fourth place, the Republican Congressional Majority; in third place, Sarah Huckabee Sanders; in second place, Donald Trump; and in the lead with two days to go, Senator Mitch McConnell. Make sure you stand up to be counted - vote now and vote often!

Have a good day and a great final weekend of 2018. More thoughts tomorrow, when we celebrate the last Musical Sunday of the year with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. See you then.

Bilbo

3 comments:

Grand Crapaud said...

No New Year's resolution for me. Setting low standards like the Administration.

Mike said...

My one New Years resolution made years ago was to never make another New Years resolution.

20 votes for Mitch McConnell.

allenwoodhaven said...

Your weekly Cartoon Saturdays certainly kept me laughing and, more or less, sane. Keep them coming; we'll all be grateful!

My penultimate votes:

10 for Mitch McConnell
10 for Republican Congressional Majority
1 for each of the 2018 crop of Ass Clown dishonorable awardees. They deserve not to be slighted.
- the absolute maximum for Robert muller and his team. He's already earned it, no matter what his report eventually says.