Saturday, June 18, 2022

Cartoon Saturday


It's true ... seven days do make one weak ...

Yellowstone National Park was closed and Eastern Montana was ravaged by raging floodwaters; a baby formula plant in Michigan that opened two weeks ago after being closed for months has shut down again because of storms that flooded the plant; in Saudi Arabia, rainbow-colored toys and clothing have been confiscated because they "contradict the Islamic faith and public morals, and promote homosexual colours targeting the younger generation;" the British Home Secretary has approved the extradition to the US of Wikileaks founder Julian Assange on charges of espionage; and in Japan, police arrested a 72-year-old man who was apparently trying to put a voodoo curse on Russian President Vladimir Putin.

This week I'm feeling a little musical, so how about a selection of cartoons on a musical theme?

Well, yes, that would be a good reason ...


Know your conductors ...


I'm told there's a lot more to orchestral conducting than this, but it still looks suspiciously accurate ...


What the conductor's notes really look like ...


Why you don't usually see dogs playing in philharmonic orchestras ...


If you're of my generation or earlier, you get this ...


How to sit while listening to your favorite music ...


I understand the plea ...


I've heard they're the new Cantina Band ...


Oh, come on ... you know you get this one ...


And that's it for this week's Cartoon Saturday. Have a good day and a great weekend, and be sure to come back tomorrow for my annual Fathers Day post - more thoughts then.

Bilbo

2 comments:

Mike said...

I had to look up 'I am the Walrus'. And I can do a classic rock chair as long as there's a cushion on it.

allenwoodhaven said...

These are great!