Sunday, May 21, 2023

Musical Sunday


As many of you know, I love ballroom dancing. Sadly, I didn't discover it until I married a dance teacher and so had to learn ... after all, it just wouldn't do to have the teacher's husband not able to dance, right? Agnes taught ballroom and Latin dancing for more than 30 years and we competed as a Pro-Am couple for many of those years. And as I always told people who laughed at me for dancing as a sport, what's not to like about a sport where you can hold a beautiful lady close ... and have your wife criticize you if you're not holding that lady properly?

All of which reminds me of this song written and originally performed by Mason Williams. Although Williams was best known for his instrumental tune "Classical Gas," my favorite of his songs is "The Last Great Waltz," the definitive TV version of which was performed on the Smothers Brothers Show by Dick and Tommy Smothers and Janet Leigh ...


So tell me ... do you know which of those three legs was the artificial one?

Have a good day and enjoy the rest of your weekend. More thoughts coming.

Bilbo

2 comments:

Mike said...

I've exceeded the time limit on trying to find out how the third leg worked. I think there was someone else under the skirt.

Bilbo said...

That’s what Agnes thought, too, but then she couldn’t figure out where the fourth leg was.