Yes, I know today is Wednesday, but I feel the need to have another Cartoon Saturday Special Edition (the second this year) in derisive recognition of the garish, self-promotional "triumphal arch" Der Furor wants to erect in front of Arlington National Cemetery. It's a useless, gaudy, overly-expensive, and utterly unnecessary blot on the landscape and a waste of money that could be used for much better purposes in service to the American people.
It's not just my opinion ... let's bring on the Cartoons -
The Epstein Files are a common theme for the design ...
A servile GOP Congress and a rigidly conservative Supreme Court majority are two of the main supporting columns -
It represents the crushing burden of this regime ...
How about you ... do you get immunity from tax audits and a memorial arch?
Yes, it's important to put the accent on the correct syllable ...
Well, it definitely would celebrate a triumph over all these things ...
If Der Furor could have his way, I'm sure this would be a top design contender. He'd want more gold, but the giant mouth would be a masterful monument ...
There are a number of other, less traditional design options available ...
Given Der Furor's emphasis on monetizing his office, this would be a likely option. Don't ask where the coins removed from the fountains end up ...
If you can't have a victory over Iran, you can have a victory over something else ...
In case you didn't pick up on the subtle signals, I'm opposed to the arch ... and you should be, too.
Have a good day. As you get ready for the midterm election and the 2028 presidential pageant, think carefully about what your leaders choose to spend your tax money on.
More thoughts tomorrow, when I calm down enough to enjoy the peace and quiet of Thursday Trees. See you then.
Bilbo










2 comments:
I am definitely opposed to the arch and everything else the sooky-baby wants and I don't even live in your country.
I wonder how much dynamite it will take to bring it down in one try.
Post a Comment