Saturday, March 24, 2012

My 2,000th Post! Welcome to Cartoon Saturday!

Yes, Dear Readers, after six years and 1,999 previous posts, today ol' Bilbo hits the big 2k! And how better to celebrate than with Cartoon Saturday? Let's get to it, shall we ... ?

An American soldier facing multiple counts of first-degree murder for a rampage in Afghanistan in which he is alleged to have killed 17 men, women, and children, may face the death penalty in his upcoming trial; anecdotal evidence suggests that the new iPad may suffer from overheating and other problems; Mexico is spending millions of dollars on preparation for a visit by Pope Benedict; celebrity-for-some-unknowable-reason Kim Kardashian was attacked during a red carpet appearance by a woman who dumped a bag of flour on her head; and professional annoying conservative gadfly Newt Gingrich is still hanging in the race for the GOP presidential nomination, doing his best to make even a nutcase like Rick Santorum look good.

2,000th post or not, I'm betting you need this week's dose of Cartoon Saturday ...

Leading off with this week's selection from the miserable pun collection ...

I had to look twice at this one before I figured out what the real joke was ...

It's been a tough week at work, but I'm not complaining ... at least I have a job ...

From the "Classic Tales Revisited" collection ...

This is the one I could probably afford ... but on second thought, maybe the wrinkles aren't so bad after all ...

We all know the type ...

I think I've found my small-business opportunity as we stagger toward the election season ...

Gone to a better place ... ?

And finally for today, this one is dedicated to my nephew Eddie, who has a thing about toilet paper, and to Agnes, who is very particular about how the roll is set up ...

And there you have it ... my 2,000th post and Cartoon Saturday, all in one. Yee, hah!

It's going to be a mixed-bag weekend ... my sister Lisa and her family are visiting from Pittsburgh (YAY!) and my beloved youngest granddaughter Elise turns two today (double YAY!!) ... on the downside, Agnes is sick as a dog (sorry, Nessa) (BOO!), we can't go to Elise's birthday party because of Agnes' illness (double BOO!!), and rain is predicted just in time for Lisa's long-awaited visit to see the famous cherry blossoms (triple BOO!!!).

But we'll make the best of it all, because that's what we do. Elise will be two whether we're at the party or not, Agnes will turn away from death's door because she's just too ornery to stay sick for long, and we'll see the cherry blossoms one way (on the trees) or another (soggy on the ground).

And thanks to all of you for making this blog what it is. I'd write it anyway ... but your readership and comments ... and your virtual friendship ... make it fun.

Have a good day and a great weekend. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

7 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Congratulations on the 2000th post, Bilbo! This Cartoon Saturday celebrated it in style. I hope Agnes feels better pretty quicklyand can go.

Duckbutt said...

Great cartoons. I hope Agnes will feel better and you get to see the cherry blossoms.

allenwoodhaven said...

I especially loved the last one, about the toilet paper. You always have gems for us on Cartoon Saturday and it is most appreciated.

Keep the posts coming; we're happy to keep reading them!!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Pandora's Music Box kind of reminded me of this week's Top 5 On Friday topic!

Banana Oil said...

My toilet paper always hates me at 2 AM.

Elvie Fornshell said...

Congratulations. 2000 and many more I hope. It is entertaining reading your posts.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Congrats on your 2000th! A great collection to celebrate it!