Thursday, March 01, 2012

Yes, Leap Day Was Yesterday ... Just Bear with Me on This, Okay?

I really do wish my 2,000th post would have been yesterday, like the Blogger Dashboard said ... how cool would it have been to have that milestone occur on Leap Day, eh?

Leap Day. What a concept. You know all about the leap day, of course, because every newspaper and website in the world had a story about it yesterday, explaining about how it actually takes the earth 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes and 46 seconds to go once around the sun, and so every four years a day has to be added to the calendar to account for the extra time. Why that day had to be put in February, of all months, heaven only knows ... had it been my decision, I'd have put it in a nice month like May or June. We could even have slipped it in right after Christmas so we could have an extra holiday.

If only they'd asked me.

Because the leap day has fallen in an election year, the bloviating political classes are enjoying the free gift of an extra day to pour out lies, half-truths, distortions, and other general BS intended to obscure their own ineptitude while convincing the unthinking masses that their opponents are all greedy, ungodly, racist, baby-murdering thieves unworthy to hold elective office, much less being allowed to actually exist and breed. If you doubt that, just count up the number of actual, specific, well-thought-out solutions to any of our problems which have been offered by anyone running for president. I'll wait while you do ... it won't take long.

Back so soon? I thought so.

Anyhow, today is March 1st, a whole day later than usual. Less than a week until Agnes returns from Germany. I can't wait to have her back ... it's not easy putting up with all this ass-clownery without her help.

And that's all I have to say for today. My cold has abated to the point that I think I can go back to work, at least until everyone starts putting on those filter masks and wiping down everything I breathe on, at which point I'll come home and go back to bed.

Nothing like having a plan, is there?

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

4 comments:

Duckbutt said...

Ferburary is a poor choice forpositioning the extra day; but it's a small composition for Julius and Augustus Caesar appropriating a day each to augment their months.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I'm sure our politicians used this extra well for good works and refrained from too much mischief. Why it isn't a holiday for all, I do not know.

Amanda said...

I'm putting on a mask and wiping down everything Aaron touches over here. Too bad he can't stay in bed quietly by himself.

Mike said...

This extra day is going to throw me off for the rest of the year. At least I'll have an excuse for not knowing what day it is.