Saturday, September 29, 2018

Cartoon Saturday


Just when you thought it can't get any worse ...

For the first time in history, a President of the United States was laughed at in the UN General Assembly; a hearing to determine the veracity of sexual assault allegations by Professor Christine Blasey Ford against Supreme Court nominee Bret Kavanaugh degenerated into a partisan shouting match that embarrassed the nation and did nothing to resolve the allegations; Tara Fares, an Iraqi model and popular social media star known as "Miss Baghdad," was murdered in the latest of a series of attacks on prominent persons; in Indonesia, a tsunami triggered by an earthquake devastated the city of Palu; and a hacking attack on Facebook exposed information on nearly 50 million users and allowed the attackers to access to those users' accounts with other sites and apps that they logged into using Facebook.

This week, after the ridiculous display of partisan insanity in the nation's capital, it seems appropriate to try to find a little something about Congress to laugh at ...

Is it time to update some of our beloved children's stories? ...


Disappointment is the order of the day ...


It's all in how you look at it ...


Well, I find it disturbing ...


It seems to be the primary qualification nowadays ...


It certainly works for the current administration ...


This is what is referred to in Congress as "regular order" ...


I'd give at least partial credit for that answer ...


I think of it more as unreality TV ...


I'd go with choice "B" ...


Well, I hope that you enjoyed my cartoon look at Congress more than Congress itself. It could hardly be worse.

It looks like we'll be having a nice weekend here in NoVa, which will enable me to try to do some end-of-summer garden maintenance after a week of rain and colder temperatures. Soon it will be winter, and I'll be stuck inside, so I need to enjoy these outside days while I can.

Have a good day and a great weekend. See you tomorrow, when Poetry Sunday returns.

Bilbo

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'd give full credit for that answer.

allenwoodhaven said...

Excellent collection! Many great ones but "Nut and mad" was my favorite. Thanks Bilbo. You always smooth out the edges of the week's news.