Saturday, November 07, 2020

Cartoon Saturday


It's been quite a week, hasn't it? ...

A 20-kilogram crate of satsuma mandarin oranges sold in Japan for $9,600; Der Furor turned to the courts to improve his chances of winning the election, filing a slew of lawsuits alleging - without evidence - electoral chicanery; Denmark is preparing to kill some 17 million minks which carry a mutated form of coronavirus that is spreading to humans; the United States set a grim record on Thursday, marking nearly 103,000 new coronavirus cases in a single day; and Der Furor's "spiritual advisor," megachurch pastor and televangelist Paula White-Cain, hosted a prayer service Wednesday night in an effort to secure desperately-needed heavenly help for DF's reelection.

It's been a long, bitter election season, and it's not over yet. How about a few election-related cartoons to help take the edge off? 

I think I should have made this suggestion in the survey I took after working the election ... 


It's number one on the right-wing stations ...


I felt the same way ...


It usually works for Der Furor ...


Why people vote for Der Furor ...


This cartoon actually dates back to the 2016 election, but it applies even more now ...


I wish we would have had these signs to put up at the polling station ...


We did in 2016 ...


Good advice ...


The monster under the bed, 2020 ...

And that's how it is for this first Cartoon Saturday of the month, and the first after the soul-destroying, as yet unfinished horror of the 2020 election. I hope I managed to give you a bit of a laugh to help get past it.

Have a good day and a great weekend. More thoughts tomorrow, when Poetry Sunday returns. See you then.

Bilbo

2 comments:

Mike said...

And then the new beginning began.

allenwoodhaven said...

Good ones, and badly needed. Fortunately for America, in my opinion, Biden is President Elect. It's going to be a tough road but he's the better candidate for what needs to be done.

I hope I'm not outing you against your wishes, but Purple Flowers tells me it's your birthday. Happy Birthday! Was your present getting the election results? Hope your day was special; you deserve it!