Saturday, May 14, 2022

Cartoon Saturday


Oy, vey ...

In the latest unintended consequence of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, the president and prime minister of Finland have announced they are in favor of requesting NATO membership "without delay;" in Canton, Ohio, a nonprofit grocery delivery service that provides affordable groceries to low-income residents had to cancel deliveries after thieves stole the catalytic converters from all their vehicles; North Korea has finally admitted the first case of Covid-19 within its borders; police investigators in South Carolina have announced that a man found "unresponsive" in his yard by paramedics had suffered a heart attack while trying to bury the body of a woman he evidently murdered; and in Canada, a member of the national parliament has apologized after he was caught logging on to a closed parliamentary session from a toilet stall.

This week, because the news is driving us all to drink, I thought a collection of cartoons about wine would be appropriate ...

I like this particular cooking technique ...  


I think this would be me if I ever got back into the dating pool ...


Homemade wine. Yes. But, no ...


Good advice. Before I met my wife, my method of selecting a wine was a careful reading of the label to make sure it showed castles or naked women ...


One of my favorite wine cartoons ...


Some wines might be improved this way ...


I've eaten at restaurants like this one ...


Reducing the choice to the essentials ...


I guess that would be it ...


Everybody's a critic ...


Salut!

Have a good day and a great weekend. More thoughts tomorrow, when Poetry Sunday returns.

Bilbo

3 comments:

allenwoodhaven said...

Good ones! Especially like the wine claw machine.

Cloudia said...

Thank you!

Mike said...

Don't whine about the wine.