Friday, January 26, 2024

The Left-Cheek Ass Clown for January, 2024


As January draws to a close, it's time once again to single out an ass clown for recognition. As always, particularly in an election year, this is difficult, given the staggering number of available contenders. But I've put my shoulder to the wheel, my nose to the grindstone, and my gag reflex on hold to make my selection. Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Readers, I have decided to name as

The Left-Cheek Ass Clown for January, 2024


Senator Tim Scott (R, SC)


At a time when most political figures on the right are falling over themselves to worship at the festooned altar of Der Furor, Senator Scott - having abandoned his own bid for the GOP presidential nomination, gave an embarrassingly fawning and obsequious endorsement of Der Furor in the run-up to the New Hampshire primary election. 

Civil rights activist Al Sharpton had this to say about Scott's speech endorsing Der Furor: 

“There are few moments in my life [when] I’ve been more embarrassed than to watch Tim Scott. You know, I know Tim and I are both practicing Christians, but I don’t know if he could pray like that to the other side. It was humiliating to watch what Tim Scott did as a sitting senator. And at one time … he wasn’t even on the script, he interrupted Trump to pay homage.”

And when Der Furor suggested that Mr Scott "must really hate" Nikki Haley, since the former South Carolina governor appointed him to his Senate seat in 2013, Scott shamelessly abased himself by shouting, "I just love you."

Der Furor has a long record of going out of his way to insult and demean his political opponents, who grin and take the abuse, possibly in the hope of obtaining some future favor from a man famous for demanding obeisance from those to whom he shows no loyalty. That Mr Scott would so fawningly eat the excrement offered by Der Furor is a humiliating and disgusting performance by a man once touted as a rising star of the tattered Republican party.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Readers, for his shockingly self-abasing performance in service of a man manifestly unfit for the presidency - much less any position of public responsibility - South Carolina senator Tim Scott is named as our Left-Cheek Ass Clown for January, 2024. He has taken his smiling place in history as yet another person ruined by Der Furor.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow, when Cartoon Saturday returns.

Bilbo

2 comments:

Mike said...

Every time I see his obnoxious grin I want to punch his teeth out.

Anonymous said...

Well deserved! Can't stand to look at his obsequious, servile grin!