Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Time to Reset the DUMBCON Level Again


The last time I announced a reset of the National Stupidity Index (the DUMBCON) level was in February of last year, when I raised it from 2 (Shake-Your-Head Stupid) to 1 (More Stupid Than You Can Imagine). Unfortunately, a great many people can imagine a lot more stupidity than I anticipated, and so I find it necessary to raise the DUMBCON once again. I have decided to raise it now as a preemptive move in anticipation of surging levels of stupidity as the 2024 presidential campaign heats up, along with all its accompanying culture war dumbassery.


Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Readers, 

Effective today, January 3rd, 2024, 
I am increasing the DUMBCON level from 1 to 0

The description of DUMBCON Level 0 is "Stupid Beyond Your Worst Nightmares." If 2023 was any indication of what's coming, I think that description is more than accurate. There will be no concomitant change to the Gohmert-Greene Stupidity Scale at this time, although I will carefully monitor the evolving situation, and announce any changes which may be needed as the year progresses.

Have a good day. More thoughts coming.

Bilbo

1 comment:

Mike said...

You may have to add back the -1 level.