Saturday, April 13, 2024

Cartoon Saturday


Time for a new Cartoon Saturday! You know you need it ... 

The Biden administration announced it will use a mix of existing forgiveness programs to cancel another $7.4 billion in student loans owed by 277,000 Americans; the Arizona Supreme Court dusted off a territorial law dating to 1864 to implement a near-total ban on abortion services in the state; Vietnamese billionaire Truong My Lan has been sentenced to death for fraud in which, over an 11-year period, she looted one of the country's largest banks; Apple said Thursday that it would allow repair of newer iPhones with used parts like screens, batteries and cameras, reversing its previous practice of encouraging people to use new, more expensive Apple-approved parts; and in Indiana, multiple criminal charges have been filed against a man who presented himself as a “Christian chiropractor” in order to make his female victims feel more comfortable and at ease before sexually assaulting them. 

I've been grinding away on the novel I've been trying for years to write, and it's slow going ... we'll see if I ever manage to get it done. In the meantime, how about a collection of cartoons about those of us coping with the rigors of writing ... 

This may be how long it'll take me to get it done ...


Someday he can get a job writing speeches for Der Furor or policy documents for the GOP ...


I wonder if this exchange between Mr Dickens and his editor actually happened ...


This is a handy guide for writers ... I've used a few for my novel ...


It's not mine ...


This one's closer to my effort ...


It's a modern, Top 1%, riches-to-riches story ...


I'm a black belt in every one of these ...


We'll see how it goes ...


That's why I'm not going for wonderful ...


Have a good day and a great weekend. More thoughts tomorrow, when Poetry Sunday turns to a timely set of great song lyrics. See you then.

Bilbo 

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'm a creative writer! Who knew!!

allenwoodhaven said...

Love that characters for an epic tale!

I'd read your book. Bet it'd be good!