Saturday, October 18, 2008

Facts and Confessions

Back on Friday, fiona tagged me with a meme that's been zipping around the blogosphere. Normally, I don't reply to memes because they tend to make blogging a worse time sink than it already is, but since fiona is new to my group of followers...and since I have a few minutes before I have to get Agnes up for breakfast, I'll make an exception and take on her meme.

The rules are:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I'll do 1 and 2, but I'll take a pass on tagging anyone else, partly because all the people I'd care to tag have already been tagged by fiona or lacochran, and partly because I'm just an ornery, rule-breaking bazoo of the first order.

Okay, you asked for it...

Seven Facts About Bilbo, Some Random, Some Weird

1. I will read anything, anywhere. There is not a single room in our house that is not piled with books, and one of the four chairs at our kitchen table is usually heaped with books and magazines. When I go to the rest room at work, if I don't have something to read while I'm on the throne, I'll look for a stall that has abandoned newspapers in it.

2. I love ballroom dancing, but am woefully uncoordinated. This means (1) it takes me forever to learn new patterns and routines; and (2) I hate to practice because I get frustrated easily.

3. I think it's very sexy for a woman to have hairy arms.

4. I hate to feel messy, although looking messy is okay. I can't stand to have sticky, sweaty, or otherwise yucky hands or face (tough, when your grandchild is a toddler who always wants to share all her half-chewed goo with you), and wash my hands about 750 times a day. But I love to wear jeans and old, ratty, comfortable t-shirts. One of Agnes's most common comments to me when we're getting ready to go somewhere is, "Are you going to wear that?"

5. I love to cook, and am very good at it (shameless self-congratulatory moment here). However, I can't bake to save my life. If my main dishes are symphonies, my baked goods are duets for harpsichord and kazoo.

6. I will sometimes completely and utterly lose it if something strikes me as particularly funny. Last week in the office, one of my coworkers read this headline he saw on CNN: "North Korea Replaces Nuclear Seals," and without missing a beat, someone else said, "...with Conventional Seals." I laughed so long and so hard at the mental image that I started to choke. Everyone else thought I was nuts.

7. I think far-right Republicans and far-left Democrats are all brainless wingnuts (zipcode would call them something more unique, like "assmidgets"). I can't watch TV news because I want to throw large, heavy objects at moronic talking heads, and I can't afford to replace the TV several times a day.

There you have it...seven facts and confessions. I won't tag anyone else for this, but if you're reading and want to take a stab at it, be my guest. Just let me know so I can see what you said.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a retired high school band director, a harpsichord, kazoo duet struck a chord with me. Interesting combination. I guess you are saying your baking skills are baroque. The egg dish you prepared for dinner the other night sounded very Wagnerian.

Melissa B. said...

Hmmmmmmm...I've been "tagged" for this one, too. We must blog in the same circles. BTW, I'm celebrating my 200th Post today, & I'm handing out the bling! I realize that we barely "know" each other, but you've been honored as a "Superior Scribbler"-please drop by!

Mike said...

I was thinking about tagging John 7 times.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Your number 1 fact makes me smile. I always have a book in the potty with me.

lacegem said...

#2 & #5 are the ones that stuck with me. #2 because as you know I love ballroom dancing. I'm mesmerized by it! I listen to the radio & I imagine the dance & the steps in my head. One of these days i'm going to come up with a choregraphed number. # 5 because I love to bake, but my husband loves to cook! So we are a great duo in that respect. He is such a great gourmet cook! I am blessed that he can dance and cook!

fiona said...

Thank you dear for taking the time :-).
May I have this dance?
Oh and could you throw in a boeuf bourguignonne, just in-case I get a wee bit hungry? A good Quick Step makes me ravenous.