Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cartoon Saturday

Agriculture Department official Shirley Sherrod, who was forced to resign from her job because of a deliberately incomplete and misleading report about a supposedly-racist speech she gave, is now taking the salute at a world-class apology parade; someone needs to send whining international spoiled brat North Korea to time-out; 226 school teachers are being fired in Washington, DC for poor performance (too bad the Schools Chancellor doesn't have oversight of Congress); a Republican candidate for the Senate in Tennessee has endorsed the possibility of secession from the United States; and Mexican authorities have found at least 38 bodies, probably a result of the ongoing drug wars, in nine mass graves.

There's not much out there to help you feel good, but Cartoon Saturday does its best.

Everybody needs to believe in something, even if it's stupid ...

With all the problems going on around us, why not focus on something pleasant? Flowers, for instance. Here are five cartoons about flowers to help cheer you up:

WWFBA - What Would Francis Bacon Ask? ...

Even flowers have things to worry about ...

There's the language of flowers, and there's ... well ... the language of flowers ...

It always pays to think your plan through before you execute it ...

And finally, if there's anything to the idea of reincarnation, I think I know what I want to come back as ...


This afternoon I'm going to get my Father's Day present: Agnes signed me up for a class in "Grilling Great Meat" which is being held at the local Sur la Table store today. I wonder if she's trying to send me a message...?

Have a good day. Here's an oak-leaf geranium for you (look it up).

More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

7 comments:

John A Hill said...

Enjoy your grilling class. I know that my son would love a class like that.

wv: imbutho--don't think I'll define this one. It's more of a a self proclamation that's been verified by numerous people on many varied occasions.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A good collection there!

Bandit said...

Even Bill O'Reilly apologized over the Sherrod fiasco.

Mike said...

Ooooooh, rose PETALS. I knew something didn't seem right about that. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Because it hurt when I did it.

Wv: ingred - When the need for more and more money is genetic.

Mike said...

The Tennessee article has some interesting comments.

KathyA said...

Thanks, I needed that!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Tennessee can go but only if they take California and Alaska with them..or at least just Sarah Palin and her freaky family.